In 2021, you cannot deny the importance of web design and development. As COVID-19 hit the world, people have been confined to their homes, giving an increasing upward thrust to online marketing. If you are not on a digital platform, no matter which business you are attached to or which product you are endorsing, you are losing leads. In this respect, website design is the prime thing that attracts the attention of the audience. A web design company in Toronto can help you in building a good design to drive traffic to your website.
Impressive, attractive, and eye-catchy designs always grab the eyeball of the audience. Concerning its importance, a good building of the website is necessary. Google also notices the traffic coming to your website and the time people are spending on it. It then categorizes and ranks your website accordingly. Hence, website design and development are the crucial procedure on which your ranking depends.
You need to understand a few of the steps for designing a stunning website. Let’s have a look at those steps and how they can save your time and improve efficiency if carried out in the right way.
- Outlining the Goals
Every business is different so is their requirement of a web design toronto. The primary thing is to identify the goal of the website and what are you expecting from it. Before getting kick-start, you need to find out some motives. This helps you to plan the future strategy and propositions.
- Aim of Website – This is particularly the most important thing as you need to know what is the purpose of the website and what it is about? Is it an e-commerce site, informational, B2B or B2C?
- Target Audience – After knowing what the website is about, you should figure out the relevant audience which is to be targeted based on age, location and group etc.
- Benefit to Audience – No one stays on your website page without advantage. Therefore, you need to know if a person is coming to your website, are you standing on his expectations?
- Competitor Analysis – As competition is increasing day by day, competitor analysis is mandatory. See what the competitors, with the same niche as you, are offering and what things are working best for them?
- Drafting a Strategy
Once you realize the goal of your website, the next thing is to plan a strategy to give it a final form. In this, you are expected to estimate the completion time and budget. Planning things before saves your time, ensure efficiency and timely completion of the task under a decided budget. So, all team members must take part in this strategy phase.
- Technology Aspects
Technology aspects depend upon the aim of your website and must be decided in this phase. For example: if your website represents informational content WordPress is enough for its building. On the other hand, if you belong to an e-commerce website, you are dealing with thousands of products and robust web frameworks will work. Likewise, decide which programming language will be needed for coding to integrate the website.
- Sitemap and Wire frameworks
The sitemap is used so that you can effectively plan how the final form of the website will look like. In the same manner, wire frameworks are responsible for how the visual graphics and content element will eventually look like. Planning this step beforehand saves you from wasting money in creating the design again if the problem occurs at the last stage. You can also get an idea of where to place the content by taking into account the pages hierarchy.
- Content Strategy
A well-designed website is important but how can you stick people on your website longer with poor quality content? So, you need to optimize high-quality and informative content to glue the audience for a longer time. For further increasing the traffic, SEO with appropriate keyword usage is also a matter of concern.
- Designing and Development
For a website design, logo, colors, font, and layout is very important as it represents your brand. You may use pop and funky designs for e-commerce cloth stores but cannot use them for a B2B and B2C website. Hence, you have to be very specific while choosing it as it portrays your image. In this stage, you finally craft the website page depending on your strategy.
After that, it is handed over to the developer, who integrates the entire website through HTML or CSS coding. He is responsible to take care of both the front-end and back-end to add soul to the website. Besides this, prototyping is done to understand the navigation and page interaction.
You need to run a number of tests before getting your website live. This includes functional, compatibility, performance and security tests.
- Functional – This enables you to see whether the website is running properly and if all the features are well incorporated for a good user experience.
- Usability – If your website page is easily accessible and easy to use when a user browses it?
- Responsive – As thousands of users reach your website through several devices, this ensures that the performance and speed of your website are the same and not compromised on any of the devices.
Done with all the functional and technical steps? Congratulations! You are good to launch your website. It involves getting your website on a live server. Once your website is launched, the end does not appear. You have to continuously monitor it and maintain its functionality. You need to constantly optimize it for new features and fixation of any broken links. In addition, you also need to update content regularly so that Google crawler deciphers it and increase your ranking.
Designing a website is tricky but not impossible to do it. A good web design company Toronto can help you in not only designing the website but also maintaining it. In the end, you would have a website offering a good user experience and engagement of a large number of audiences. Just make sure you are following all of the above steps.